Earlier Weekday Start Time from September 2018
22 May 2018
- Evening weekday performances will start at 7pm following audience survey
- Matilda The Musical is now booking until 20 October 2019 at the Cambridge Theatre as the show celebrates its eight-millionth customer
Following a review of new audience research carried out on behalf of the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Matilda The Musical it is announced today that from 12 September all evening weekday performances of the award-winning musical will begin at 7pm (Tuesday-Friday).
The survey found that the majority of London theatre-bookers surveyed gave several reasons for a preferred earlier start time for a night at the theatre, including:
- There would be more time to socialise after the show rather than rush home, allowing theatregoers to make the most of London’s vibrant bar and restaurant scene.
- For those who commute to London, it can be stressful to see a West End show if they are worried about missing their last train home.
- Parents said it would be easier to arrange a night out without their children if they could get home earlier and not worry about keeping a babysitter waiting up too late.