How to have a Wormwood Christmas
With Christmas just around the corner, the inimitable Mr and Mrs Wormwood have divulged their tips on how to have a Wormwood style Christmas! Get your loudest decorations at the ready…
1. Don’t stick to red and gold, make sure your Christmas tree features an alternative colour scheme this year! We personally love a combination of pink, yellow and orange with a touch of lime green.
2. When it comes to decorations, more is more! We’re talking tinsel, paper chains, dancing snowmen, flashing reindeers…
3. Watch as much Christmas Telly as possible, 12 hours a day at an absolute minimum.
4. And who says you should break your TV marathon for food? Get yourself a microwave Christmas roast dinner to be enjoyed on a tray.
5. Pose for a family photo in your best Christmas outfits: favourites include singing and flashing jumpers, fluffy Santa beards, reindeer ears and as much glitter as possible!
6. Cover every inch of your house in Christmas lights: if it doesn’t hurt your eyes from a mile away, you haven’t got enough! Encourage everyone on your street to do the same, if there’s an accompanying Christmas soundtrack for your whole town to hear, even better!
7. Accessorise ladies! No Christmas outfit is complete without hair glitter, bauble earrings and Christmas nail art.
8. Learn a ballroom dance to a classic Christmas song, Mrs Wormwood does a brilliant Tarantella to Santa Baby.
9. Giving is so last year! We’d advise buying yourselves LOTS of presents.
10. Fellas, dig out your best Christmas suit, whether it be green and covered in Christmas trees, or white with snowmen – the bolder the pattern, the better!
From everyone at Matilda The Musical, we wish you a truly revolting Christmas!