Changed My Story
Do you know someone who has changed their story?
In the spirit of Matilda, an extraordinary little girl who changes her own destiny, we are celebrating the remarkable achievements of young people from all over the UK. Whether they have changed their own lives in a tiny or a huge way, or whether they have helped inspire others, we asked you to join us in celebrating their actions by nominating an inspiring young person for our new initiative, Changed My Story.
Anyone could nominate a young person, whether they’re from your school, family, youth group, school club or elsewhere. Every nominee will receive an exclusive Matilda The Musical Changed My Story certificate in recognition of their achievements.
To enter, we asked for nominators to submit a photo of their nominee and tell us why or how they have been inspiring.
Tim Minchin and Dennis Kelly will be helping us to select 10 entrants to attend Matilda The Musical’s 5th Birthday performance on 2 November 2016.
Nominations have now closed.Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to all residents of UK] aged  years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
- To take part in this Promotion you must upload a photo to the Matilda The Musical website at [insert URL] of your Changed my Story nominee, along with a description describing why you are nominating them.
- Nominees should be a young person who has done something inspiring and the nominator must have directly benefited from the inspiring actions of the nominee.
- Maximum of one entry per person and per household. We cannot accept entries by any other means.
- Closing date: All entries must be received by 12.00pm (BST) on 18th October 2016.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions, will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- 10 entries will be selected by the judges from all complete, correct and eligible entries received before the closing date.
- The Selected entries will be those which, in the opinion and sole discretion of the panel of judges demonstrate inspiring individuals who have Changed their Story either for themselves, or those around them, in a positive manner.
- The selected entries will be notified by 24th October 2016 and will then have 5 days to claim their prize by responding to Matilda The Musical by Email. If they have not claimed the prize by this time, another winner will be chosen.
- Use of your entry: By submitting your entry, you irrevocably grant a licence (i.e. permission) for the Promoter and its agents and licensees to edit, publish, broadcast and otherwise use your entry for any and all purposes, in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity (or, where such a licence is not lawful or enforceable, for up to 50 years from the date the entry is submitted to the Promotion), including, without limitation, on the Promoter’s publicly accessible website(s), Facebook page(s), Twitter feeds, YouTube page(s)/channel(s), and all other media whether now known or hereafter invented (“permitted purposes”). For the avoidance of doubt the Promoter may, without limitation, add further content of its own choosing to your entry and or edit/splice it together with other entries.
- By submitting your Entry, you warrant and undertake that:
- You are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in the entry (including all images, footage, music and text submitted by you as part of the entry process), that your entry is your own original work and does not infringe any third party rights;
- You have the right to grant the Promoter permission to use your entry in the ways described in clause 12 of these terms and conditions.
- Your entry does not infringe English law or the law in the country in which you are normally resident;
- Your entry does not, to the best of your knowledge and belief, infringe the law of any other country;
- Your entry complies with all terms and conditions of use applicable to the relevant social media platforms.
- You hereby waive and agree not to assert (and warrant that all individuals featured have waived and agreed not to assert) any moral rights in and in connection with the entry;
- You shall, on request, do such other things and execute such documents as are reasonably requested of you by the Promoter in order to allow the Promoter to use your entry for the permitted purposes;
- You have obtained all relevant rights and written permission from individuals featured in the entry, and that your entry does not feature anyone under the age of 12 (unless it is your own child and you have that child’s consent);
- The Promoter reserves the right to pass on any entry (including the associated personal details) which cause it concern to the relevant authorities.
- You agree to indemnify the Promoter in respect of third party claims arising out of or in connection with any breach by you of the warranties and undertakings set out in these terms and conditions (in particular, the warranties and undertakings set out in clause 13 of these terms and conditions (above)).
- Prize: 10 entrants will receive: 2 tickets to the Matilda The Musical birthday Gala performance on 2nd November 2016.
- The prize does not include travel or any other expenses
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes (or any part of them) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the prizes (or any part of them) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the prize where applicable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- If any winner is not able, for any reason, to accept a prize, or does not respond to the Promoter’s notification within 5 days of the draw date, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- The judges’ and Promoter’s decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion, and
b) any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, prizes which do not reach the intended recipient), or use of the prize, and
c) any act or default of any third party supplier,
which are beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- Details of prize winners’ names will be available for one month after the close of the Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out below and stating the name and closing date of the Promotion.
- Winner(s)/entrants agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
- If you have opted in, the Promoter [and its business partners] may also use the details you give us to contact you for marketing purposes by email and/or SMS.]
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
The Promoter is: AKA Promotions Limited. 115 Shaftesbury Avenue, Cambridge Circus, London WC2H 8AF.