Matilda at 30
01 Oct 2018
Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Roald Dahl’s ‘Matilda’ being published, we’re giving away 30 pairs of tickets to Matilda The Musical at the Cambridge Theatre, London or Manchester Palace Theatre.
Terms and Conditions
For a chance to win you must comment on the competition post on Matilda The Musical’s Facebook or Instagram channel (@MatildaTheMusical), or reply to the Twitter Post (@MatildaMusical) with your favourite memory of Matilda Wormwood’s story.
1. Thirty winners will be chosen at random across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and these winners will be entitled to 2 tickets to see Matilda The Musical at the Cambridge Theatre, Seven Dials, London or at the Manchester Palace Theatre.
2. The prize cannot be exchanged for any cash or other alternative and is strictly subject to availability.
3. Tickets can be claimed on:
London: Tue to Fri 7pm, Wed 2pm until Fri 23 November (Excludes w/c 22 and 29 October)
Manchester: Mon to Thu 7.30pm, Wed 2.30pm until Thu 22 November (Excludes w/c 22 and 29 October)
4. No travel or other expenses are included in the prize.
5. The competition opens on 01 October 2018 and closes at 11:59pm on 07 October 2018.
6. The winner will be notified by 12 October 2018 by a reply to their entry or a direct message
7. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time.
We also asked our fans what they think a 30 year old Matilda would be doing now. Here are some of our favourite suggestions:
- An Author and still reading
- School Principal
- Human Rights Lawyer
- English Teacher
- Owner of a book store
- A librarian
- Using her fluent foreign languages to travel around the world working as an English teacher & freelance writer. She regularly sends postcards to Miss Honey who lovingly pins them up in her kitchen.
- Heading up a life skills company called ‘Change Your Story’ that goes into schools and helps teach children the value of themselves and of being nice to one another.
- Head Honcho at The Globe Theatre, really sharing her love of words bringing Shakespeare to the masses.
- Chief Curator of Amphibians in a Russian zoo.
- Running symposiums all over the world on Bullying in the Workplace
- Women’s Rights Campaigner
- The first female president of the U.S.A/ Running the country/ Prime Minister
- A child’s psychologist to help children being abused by their parents.
- A writer who writes novels and won a noble prize and also helps orphans around the world.
- Matilda would be an independent woman changing the world for the better. Teaching others and talking about injustice and sharing her passions and experience to benefit other people.
- A superhero
- An entomologist, and Lavender would be a herpetologist
- Secret Agent
- University professor
- The next Roald Dahl
- Nobel peace prize winner
Happy Birthday Matilda from everyone at Matilda The Musical!